عنوان مقاله [English]
Breeding for drought stress is one the important purposes in wheat cultivars breeding programs. Grain yield under drought stress is depended on phonological, morphological and physiological features. In order to investigate the general and specific combining ability and genes function under drought stress in three and two bread wheat lines and cultivars respectively, diallel one way cross was performed in Agricultural and Natural Resource Research Station, Tehran. Parents and hybrids (F1) seeds in the fall 2013, were planted in a randomized completely block design with three replicates. Number of grain in spike, number of infertile florets in spike, days to flowering, kernel weight and grain yield traits were evaluated. Results from analysis of variance showed that there are significant differences between genotypes. Results from diallel analysis based on Griffing’s experimental Method II, Model B showed that general combining ability (GCA) effect in all traits and specific combining ability (SCA) effect in all traits except number of infertile florets in spike were significant (P≤0.01). In addition, the ratio of GCA to SCA mean of squares was significant in all traits except days to flowering. Higher portion of additive genetic variance in mentioned traits indicate the higher heritability of these traits and this prepares the selection possibility in early generation for these traits.
1 . وندا م و هوشمند س (1390) «ارزیابی ساختار ژنتیکی عملکرد دانه و صفات وابسته با استفاده از روش دیآلل در ژنوتیپهای گندم دوروم». علوم زراعی ایران. 13(1): 218-206.
2. Barnlard AD, Labuschagne MT and Van Niekerk HA (2001) Heritability estimates of bread wheat quality traits in the Western Cape Province of South Africa. Euphotic. 127: 115-122.
3. Budak N (2001) Genetic analysis of certain quantitative traits in the F2 generation of an 8 × 8 diallel of durum wheat population. Turkish Journal Field Crops. 38: 63-70.
4. Chowdhary MA, Sajad M and Ashraf MI (2007) Analysis on combining ability of metric traits in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum). Agriculture. Resource. 45: 11-17.
5. Ghannadha MR (1999) Generations of wheat (adult stage) to yellow (stripe) rust. Iranian Journal of Agriculture Science. 30: 408- 422.
6. Joshi AK, Mishra B, Chatrath R, Ortiz-Ferrara G and Singh RP (2007) Wheat improvement in India: Present status, emerging challenges and future prospects. Euphotic. 153: 135-151.
7. Joshi SK, Sharma SN, Sighania DL and Sain RS (2004) Combining ability in the F1 and F2 generations of diallel cross in hexaploid wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Herodias. 41(2): 115-121.
8. Kamaluddin R, Singh M, Prasad LC, Abdin MZ and Joshi AK (2007) Combining ability analysis for grain filling duration and yield traits in spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L. em. Thell.). Genetics and Molecular Biology. 30: 411-416.
9. Kant L, Mani VP and Gupta HS (2001) Winter × spring wheat hybridization - A promising avenue for yield enhancement. Plant Breed. 120: 255-258.
10. Khan AS and Habib I (2003) Gene action in a five parent diallel crosses of spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Pakistan Jounal Biologyia Science. 6: 1945-1948.
11. Nazan, D. 2008. Genetic analysis of grain yield per spike and some agronomic traits in diallel crosses of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Turkish Journalof Agriculture Forest. 32: 249-258.
12. Singh H, Sharma SN and Sain RS (2004) Combining ability for some quantitative characters in hexaploid wheat (Triticum aestivum L. em. Thell). Crop Science. 45: 68-72.
13. Subhashchandra B, Lohithaswa HC, Desai AS and Hanchinal RR (2009) Assessment of genetic variability and relationship between genetic diversity and transgressive segregation in tetraploid wheat. Karnataka Jounal of Agriculture Science. 22 : 36-38.
14. Topal A, Aydin C, Akgun N and Babaoglu M (2004) Diallel crosses analysis in durum wheat: Identification of best parents for some kernel physical features, Field Crops Resources. 87: 1-12.
15. Yao J, Yao G, Yang X, Qian C and Wang S (2004) Analysis on the combining ability and heritability of the spike characters in wheat. Acta Agricultura Shanghái. 20: 32-36.
16. Zhang Y, Kang MS and Lamky RK (2005) DIALLEL-SAS05: A Comprehensive program for Griffings and Gardner-Eberhart Analyses. Agronomy. 97: 1097-1106.